Our mission is to stand in the gap for vulnerable populations while empowering youth to actively transform their communities.
Our Vision for 2031
Create 50 ProActive Communities in at least five cities in the US with at least 50 businesses, 75 schools, and 100 nonprofits with a revenue of at least $3,000,000 by July 2031.
We want to build a different type of organization that’s focused not only on our two bottom lines – community impact and revenue – but also on the happiness of our partners and team, and our personal growth along the journey. Here are the values that collectively guide our decisions and actions:
- As individuals, we view transparency and vulnerability as a lifestyle of authenticity and honesty. We do what we say we will do. We finish everything we start.
- As individuals, we Own it – our roles and responsibilities, our mistakes, our impact on others. Accountability builds trust and empowers us to learn.
- As a team, we view transparency and vulnerability as an effective way to work and establish a culture of trust.
- As an organization, we view transparency and vulnerability as a tool to help others.
- We share early in the decision process to avoid “big revelations.” Sharing is power.
- We strive to make all communication clear and avoid making assumptions. If we don’t know something – we ask.
- We have clear performance goals. Everyone knows the plan, the status, and areas that need special attention.
- When we are stuck or see gaps in our operations or program activities, we propose a plan, we adopt a positive “find a way” attitude.
- We strive to approach things in a positive way while realizing all emotions are valid. We have emotional resilience – trust the process.
- We avoid non-constructive criticism of team members or partners.
- We assume the best of others because we may lack full context.
- We believe that constructive, honest feedback is an opportunity for growth.
- We push through any artificial harmony to work towards a better environment, program, or community.
- We have fun and enjoy the journey and each other. We pride ourselves on respecting, listening, helping, and appreciating each other.
- We regularly stop and demonstrate gratitude for our circumstances.
- We are thankful for our partners and approach partner and community conversations with the knowledge that it’s a privilege to serve them.
- We practice humility, operate as no-ego doers and do not attach our personal selves to ideas.
- We are grateful for the work teammates do to push the organization forward.
- We display gratitude for the platforms, tools, resources, communities, and people that make our organization possible and view it as our duty to give back and stand in the gap for them.
- We believe the act of introspection is where true learning and life-changing adjustments originate.
- We operate and makes decisions based on facts and data.
- We approach discussions intentionally and think through all angles.
- We listen first and then listen more: seeking first to understand, then to be understood.
- We step back from the day-to-day and reflect on overall themes that will make a positive impact on our team, partners, and community.
- We take the approach that everything is a hypothesis and we could be wrong. When any conflict arises, a common mantra of our team is: As far as I am concerned, the problem is me.
- We are biased toward action and have a higher expectation of ourselves and of our programs and services than others have of us.
- We are guided by one plan, one mission. We have a compelling vision, comprehensive strategy, and relentless implementation.
- We are not afraid to try new things. We understand that there is only one way for an organization to survive, and that is through endless rapid innovation. And innovation and creativity require failure. We fail forward and have learned that obstacle is the way.
- We aim to be fully engaged in our work and activities and fully disconnected when we’re not working.
- We choose to be where we are the happiest and most productive.
- We desire to be better tomorrow than today, knowing that improvement can be found in small changes.
- We strive to exemplify a growth mindset and believe that any skill or talent can be learned through deliberate practice.
- We adopt an Outward Mindset and put people first. We consider the bigger picture, knowing our work goes beyond ourselves.
- We are not afraid of the less-traveled path if it holds true to our values and betters the world.
- We seek balance by taking into account multiple perspectives and listening deeply.
- After we listen, we are guided by the concept of empowered execution – keeping our mission and values at the forefront, every team member, at every level, is empowered to make decisions and act in situations that often rapidly change in our work.
- We advocate for diverse backgrounds and perspectives to make our team and programs stronger.
- Everyone is included. We work to create an inclusive environment to build a better organization and set a positive example for the nonprofit sector and world.
- If we can help it, we do not cancel our program activities by implementing our no-cancellation policy as we know that our community counts on us to show up!